3.5.05

Welcome to Baden, Switzerland

Hello everyone! So far my time here is amazing and I doubt its going to get worse. Everyone I've met is so cool and nice. It's really nice to have a roommate that has been here for a while, because he is helping me out with all the special stuff. Work is pretty interesting, I'm actually not doing the job I applied for, as they need to wait for one of the Italian research centers to catch up on their part of the project. So they stuck me doing a thermodynamics related job, which is the course that everyone except Electrical engineers take. I am learning to map thermo systems by using circuits (using voltages as temperatures and currents as heats.) Enough nerdy stuff though. I got in Sunday night and realized my luggage was locked and the key was in Calgary. Didn't get that open until this morning. I'm pretty settled already, I have a phone at home, a swiss bank account, a year train pass, etc. Last night after work we went to the beer gardens, so nice out, I think it was about 25 degrees. But apparently it's going to snow this weekend, so maybe I'll go skiing or something. I'm heading over to Germany tomorrow to go grocery shopping, it's only 4.60 CHF to get there, so cheap. Anyways, I've already been at work for 12 hours now, so I think I need to go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home